Hotel Exterior

Landmark Real Estate News

New restaurant coming to the former east-side Granite City at 21st and Webb Road

Friday, February 19 2021 7:43 PM

 

After three years of nothing happening at either of the former east Granite City location, there is now a deal for a new restaurant.

At the former Granite City on 21st and Webb Road, longtime restaurateur Billy Wong plans to open Blue Hook Cajun Seafood & Bar.

Billy owns several Umi Japanese restaurants, including the one in Manhattan where he lives. However, “this is his first one” he said of the concept.

Wong wants to see how the first Blue Hook goes and said he’ll then probably open one more on the west side.

About 70 percent of Blue Hook’s menu will feature Louisiana-style or Cajun flavors, and the other 30 percent won’t have those flavors. Wong said he wants to offer something for everything, including steak, seafood and chicken.

There will also be a bar that features happy hour specials on Sundays.

Wong, a native of China, has been in the restaurant business a couple of decades. He said he looked at bringing Umi to Wichita but decided the city has enough Japanese style restaurants. He said Louisiana-style “will be much better.”

Brad Saville with Landmark Commercial Real Estate handled the deal along with Troy Farha of NAI Martens, who represented Wong. Craig Glass with Landmark Commercial Property Management was instrumental in making this transaction possible as well.

“We are excited to see a new unique concept coming to Wichita,” said Landmark founder and CEO Brad Saville in a statement.

Look for more details about Blue Hook prior to its April opening.

Full article by Carrie Rengers from The Wichita Eagle

Previous: Three dormant properties at Kellogg, Rock sell to Wichita developer

Next: Café Asia owners have downsized to the smaller Asian Wok, but the flavors are still big

View All News

Site by RSM Marketing