The Best Western Blackwell Inn is well situated off I-35 in Blackwell, Oklahoma. The location is convenient to both Wichita and Oklahoma City.
The award winning property features guest rooms that include a microwave, refrigerator, flat-panel television with HBO & Showtime as well as free high-speed WiFi.
Common area amenities include an indoor pool, full hot breakfast, outdoor barbecue area, guest laundry and abundant parking.
The Blackwell area features a variety of outdoor activities including golf, fishing, jet skiing, sailing and boating on Kaw Lake.
Local attractions nearby include the Top of Oklahoma Museum, the Salt Plains National Wildlife Refuge, Blackwell Municipal Golf Course, local antique malls, Kaw Nation South Wind Casino, and Northern Oklahoma College.
Blackwell is located at the intersection of U.S. Highway 177 and State Highway 11 along Interstate 35.
The population of the city is 6,808. The city is part of Kay County which has a population of 45,000.
The City is home to 5 major parks including Riverside, Bagby, Rogers, Memorial, and Legion Parks. The “Top of Oklahoma Historical Society Museum” is located in Electric Park Pavilion with features a 160-ft domed ceiling and an 800-seat auditorium.
The Blackwell-Tokugawa Municipal Airport and Blackwell Regional Hospital (53-beds) are also located in Blackwell.
A notable recent announcement is the ground breaking of the Rock & Brews Casino (Gene Simmons of KISS fame) which is to be built 10 miles north of Blackwell, in partnership with the Kaw Nation.
The 78,000 sq. ft. casino will be the largest in the State, and it will offer a 1500 seat event center, luxury retail, and a travel plaza. Mr. Simmons has used his fame to expand his Rock & Brews franchise throughout a number of areas of the country.
There are 5 casinos within 20 minutes of Blackwell, making it a nice hub for those that are enjoying the casino circuit.
- Offered at 2.6X room revenue
- Offered at very low price per key (less than 27k)
- Net income upside with operational and employee cost efficiencies, (employees account for 33% of room revenue)
- Rates 4.6 on TripAdvisor and #1 Best Value in Blackwell, which includes a Holiday Inn Express
- New casino to be built 10 miles north of Blackwell, it will be the largest casino in the State
- 62 key expansion in 2013
- Upside of increased revenue when the oil business recovers
- The Best Western can be purchased individually or with the adjacent 60 key Econo Lodge
- 5 casinos located within 20 minutes of Blackwell